Brentford striker Evan Toney has again been charged by the Football Association for breaching betting rules

Brentford striker Ivan Toney has been charged again by the FA for breaching betting rules – with the board considering an additional 30 charges after he was previously charged with 232 offences.

  • Evan Tony has been charged with more than 30 counts of alleged breaches of betting rules
  • This comes on top of a previous charge by the FA last month of more than 232 offences
  • Tony has until 4 January to provide the Football Association with a response to the charges

Brentford striker Evan Toney has been charged with a breach of betting rules.

It was reported last month that Tony had been charged with 232 offenses and that he faced a possible ban until at least the end of the season.

The FA confirmed today that it is looking into 30 other alleged breaches and that Tony has until January 4 to provide a response.

Evan Tunney has been charged with an additional 30 counts of breaching the betting rules

In a statement, they wrote: ‘Evan Toney has been charged with misconduct in relation to alleged breaches of the FA’s betting rules.

In addition to the previous charge, the Brentford FC striker allegedly breached FA Rule E8 30 more times between 14 March 2017 and 18 February 2019.

Evan Tony has until Wednesday, January 4, 2023 to file a response.

Sportsmail exclusively revealed last month that the FA had been investigating Tony for seven months over historic gambling offences.

The report released by the investigation was said to be some 2,800 pages long.

Tony has previously been charged for 232 alleged violations of betting rules

Tony has previously been charged for 232 alleged violations of betting rules

The FA then revealed that they were investigating Tony for 232 alleged breaches.

Tony is not believed to have bet on his team, an offense that could result in a life ban. However, if he is found to have placed bets on his side to win, a six-month ban is among the possible penalties.

The number of bets and the amount of bets will be taken into account if it is found that Tony broke the rules.

Following the original Sportsmail story, the 26-year-old confirmed he was “helping the Football Association with their inquiries”.

The alleged initial breaches extend from 2017, when Tony was at Newcastle, to 2021 after he joined current Brentford side from Peterborough (pictured here again in 2018)

The alleged initial breaches extend from 2017, when Tony was at Newcastle, to 2021 after he joined current Brentford side from Peterborough (pictured here again in 2018)

He wrote on Twitter: ‘I am aware of a story about me in a national newspaper today.

I have been assisting the Football Association with their inquiries and will not be making any comment until this investigation has come to a close.

I am a proud Englishman and it was my childhood dream to play for my country in the World Cup finals.

Tony became a contender for Gareth Southgate’s side after a strong start to the season, scoring 10 goals in 14 league matches.

However, Southgate has left him out of his squad for Qatar – instead opting to go with Newcastle’s Callum Wilson.

When the FA launched the investigation, Tony took to Twitter to issue a statement about the investigation

Tony took to Twitter after Sportsmail’s exclusive publication of a statement about the FA investigation

The six-month ban is a possible punishment for Tony if found guilty

The six-month ban is a possible punishment for Tony if found guilty

In a statement on the club’s website, Brentford said they had been made aware of the additional charges, adding: “Our private discussions are continuing with Ivan and his legal representatives regarding this matter.”

The alleged initial breaches run from 2017, when Tony was on Newcastle’s books, to 2021, after he joined Brentford from Peterborough.

In 2017, Joey Barton was banned for 18 months, reduced to 13 months, after he admitted placing 1,260 bets on matches, including at least five bets on which he played.

In 2020, Daniel Sturridge was banned for four months and fined for providing his brother inside information about his potential move from Liverpool to Sevilla in 2018.

#Brentford #striker #Evan #Toney #charged #Football #Association #breaching #betting #rules

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *