Argentina will be determined to clinch the title for France in this afternoon’s World Cup Final – and it’s not to be missed.
Croatia fell victim to Lionel Messi’s outstanding performance in Tuesday’s dominant semi-final match as Argentina progressed.
But things will certainly be more difficult for the young magician because he will face a French team that managed to stop high-flying Morocco in the semi-finals.
However, everything is set up for Messi to come out perfect with the Golden Boot up for grabs too… unless Kylian Mbappe has something to say about it.
- starting time: 3 pm GMT
- Live broadcast: BBC iPlayer and ITV X.
- TV channel: BBC One and ITV
- Argentina XI: to follow
- France XI: to follow
Get £40 in free bets and bonuses when you raise £10 with 888Sport
Catch up on all the action with our live blog below…
How did they get here?
Argentina had a nightmare start to the tournament with a shock 2-1 defeat by Saudi Arabia.
But they returned to the top of Group C with 2-0 wins over Mexico and Poland, to set up a round of 16 meeting with Australia.
After overcoming Socceroos 201, they overcame the Netherlands on penalties in the quarter-finals before going past Croatia.
France also won twice and lost one of their group matches – although their defeat to Tunisia came after wins over Australia and Denmark.
Special Bet – The best betting offers on the World Cup and free bets
France beat Poland and then beat England in a dramatic quarter-final before ending Morocco’s run on Wednesday night to secure their place in back-to-back finals.
What’s the team news and any injuries to worry about?
Neither side has any suspensions to deal with after yellow cards were canceled after the quarter-final and may remain unchanged after the semi-final victory.
Argentina could receive its full-backs Marcos Acuna and Gonzalo Montiel from a one-match ban, while Lisandro Martinez may return to the starting line-up if Lionel Scaloni returns to advance by five.
Dayo Uppicano and Adrien Rabiot missed Morocco’s win through illness as France kept a clean sheet – but are hoping to make a comeback.
The rest of the squad should remain the same – although Karim Benzema could be surprisingly off the bench as he’s back in Real Madrid training.
Who will be the men of the stars?
Well, it’s clear that Messi and Kylian Mbappe are the two main men for their countries – and all eyes will be on who comes out on top.
Elsewhere, Julian Alvarez will want to go on to score two goals in the semi-finals while Enzo Fernandes could be tasked with holding off Antoine Griezmann.
On the other hand, Griezmann and Olivier Giroud will try their chances to score in the final.
Aurelien Tchouameni is in strong form in midfield while Raphael Varane will lead the defence.
What is head to face?
The two heavyweights in international football have met 12 times in total – the first time in the first World Cup in 1930.
Argentina have six wins and France three wins and three draws.
But the French side came out on top in their latest encounter – a thrilling 4-3 victory in the last 16 of Russia 2018.
Argentina 3-2 France
What time is the Argentina vs France match?
- Argentina’s eye-catching final World Cup match will be played against France Today – Sunday, December 18th.
- It is scheduled to launch in 3pm UK time.
- The iconic Lusail Stadium in Qatar is the arena for this massive final and can host 88,966 spectators.
- Kylian Mbappe’s second-half brace sealed Argentina’s exit from the World Cup when the two teams last met in 2018.
What TV channel is Argentina vs France on and can it be streamed live?
- The World Cup final between Argentina and France will be shown He lives on both BBC One And the ITV1.
- Coverage on BBC One is due to start from 1.50pm UK time while ITV 1 starts showing it on the road from 1.30pm UK time.
- Viewers can also head to BBC iPlayer or ITV X if they prefer to stream the event online via tablets and mobile devices.
- You can listen to the radio coverage of the match on TalkSPORT – broadcasting online, via smartphone apps or DAB Radio.
Can I watch the World Cup Final for free?
yes! The mouth-watering World Cup Final can be watched in Qatar Free on both channels as long as you hold a valid UK TV licence.
What are the odds?
Argentina win 9/5
France win 9/5
Odds courtesy of Betfair are correct as of December 16th.
#ArgentinaFrance #match #World #Cup #final #channel #live #broadcast